Blog: Let's relive that amazing 45-shot rally between Lleyton Hewitt and Roger Federer


Lleyton Hewitt just played his final singles match at Wimbledon and I felt nostalgic seeing him salute to the London crowd. It's that salute that Hewitt usually does with every "come on!" after he wins an important point.

I came into tennis very late so I didn't even know how Hewitt is as a player. When I started taking tennis lessons, it was Roger Federer who I immediately idolized. As part of my research on Federer, I would look up videos of his shots and past matches.

And that is how I came across this video:


This was from the 2005 Indian Wells finals and though Federer would go on to win this match, the impression Hewitt left me was that of awe at how tough a player he is.
Share on Google Plus

About Dexter Matilla

Dexter Matilla decided to take up tennis lessons in late 2009 and has been addicted to the sport ever since. Follow him on Twitter: @dxmatilla and on Instagram: @fedxmatilla
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 comments: